- This event has passed.
“Beyond the Hype”, Session #41 at SouthWest Agricultural Conference
January 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Soils at Guelph Outreach and Communications Coordinator Cameron Ogilvie joins a panel discussion with Anne Loeffler, Tori Waugh, and Marty Vermey to discuss the economic realities of what works in cover cropping.
The panel will look at:
- the costs and revenue associated with implementing cover crops
- returns from erosion control and water quality improvements
- the value as part of an herbicide resistant weed control program
- management of cover crops to reduce risk
- the value of nutrients captured and returned
- how cover crops pay with forage or grazing
- incentive payments that reduce establishment costs